Being the first month of the new year, everyone has their
resolution of being healthy on priority! Well, we are here to help! Sweet treats that are healthy is what we are giving you today! Even with your on-going diet, eating this particular chocolate cake will not make you gain the pounds and will definitely help you to keep the resolution on!
At this point you might be asking yourself – Is it even possible? The answer is yes! This recipe uses banana and honey in place of sugar and Greek yoghurt in place of oil and butter. Without further ado, let’s just go ahead and give you this delicious and healthy recipe for chocolate cake!
Healthier Chocolate Cake
yield : ONE 8X8 PAN
cook time : 35 MINUTES
additional time : 50 MINUTES
total time : 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES
3 bananas, ripe
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (vanilla or plain)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
mini chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. Spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
3. In a blender, combine the bananas, Greek yoghurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour the blended mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix in.
5. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda, mix until incorporated.
6. Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and mix it well.
7. Pour the cake into the prepared pan. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake if desired.
8. Bake for 27-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
centre comes out clean.
This cake is sure to taste like double chocolate chip banana muffin, so without thinking much of it’s worth, just go for it!