As the year bids us adieu, it leaves us with a milestone to rejoice. Elica America made a remarkable breakthrough by turning out the 2 millionth product, a cooker hood (also known as kitchen hood), this year. It was in November that this benchmark of the year was achieved and it was 60 cm MABE brand kitchen hood.
Here’s a glance at the US market achievements of Elica so far:
- It was in August, 2006 when Elica America was making 240 Midline for General Electric and closed the year with 15,089 cooker hoods.
- In 2007, 35,000 decorative hoods were delivered to The Home Depot USA within 6 weeks. End of the year a total of 75,000 hoods were produced. Along with GE and THD, other 3 big players that were approached were MABE, Electrolux and BOSCH.
- 2008 witnessed 290,000 kitchen hoods being produced, along with the launch of new decorative products.
- The year 2009 registered a total of 291,000 cooker hoods with a 10% increase in market. And production also kicked off for Whirlpool.
- The 1,000,000th mark in kitchen hoods was achieved in the year 2010, with a total produce of 340,000 hoods.
- OPALE a new product on the block was devised, which was both modern and simple and took the American markets by storm. Thus pushing Elica America to number 1 position. It was in this year 2011 that 95,000 hoods were produced.
- And finally 2012 when the two millionth mark of cooker hoods was achieved. And basis the forecast will close at 570,000 pieces this year.
Looking up at the passion and hard work of our counter parts in America, Elica India is both proud and determined for more success in times to come.